Within the framework of the EU-funded "Copernicus Assisted Environmental Monitoring Across the Black Sea Basin – PONTOS" project, the Joint Open Workshop was held on May 20, 2022, in Tbilisi, Georgia. The event was organized by the Green Alternative (GRAL) NGO to inform the participants from various Georgian local NGOs and the Authorities of Georgia, and International organizations representatives about PONTOS activities and their contribution to the environmental monitoring efforts.
The Workshop brought together 69 participants (including online) who represented regional and local public authorities, sectoral agencies, civil society, universities, enterprises, international organizations, media, and Project partners. The event focused on PONTOS project presentation and project activities, Implementation in pilot areas, and presentations by partner organizations implementing Black Sea Basin Cross Border Cooperation projects.
- PONTOS project presentation
- Presentation of the PONTOS platform
- Assessment on dynamics of coastal line changes
- Assessment on forest cover changes and their consequences on the environment
- Assessment on changes in wetland and floating vegetation cover
- Assessment on chlorophyll-A concentration and eutrophication dynamics
- Agricultural water balance, water productivity, and water stress indices