On October 27-28, 2021 PONTOS's Ukrainian partner, the Regional Centre for Integrated Monitoring and Environmental Studies (RCIMES) of Odesa National I.I. Mechnikov University (ONU) organized the First set of Training Session on Earth Observation and Environmental Monitoring for Young Scientists and Practitioners. The training participants represented regional and local administrations, NGO, water management and nature conservation bodies, however the topic rose the highest interest in the younger generation – young lecturers, researchers, postgraduates, master students and, of course, practitioners working in the Ukrainian pilot area. Overall, 50 participants attended this event.
Agenda (Ukrainian version)
- Presentation of the PONTOS Project
- Presentation on Earth Observation and Copernicus Services
- Presentation on Copernicus Open Access Hub Data Portals and the Sentinel Hub
- Presentation on the Use QGIS and USGS DSAS for Calculation Coastline Changes
- Presentation on the ESA Sentinel Applications Platform (SNAP) and the Sentinel Toolboxes
- Introduction to the EarthTrack